|The Complete Performer’s New York City Entertainment Guide (Birthday Edition)
Categories: Comedy Shows,Latest News
Posted: January 30, 2012
by Ted Greenberg
|+ POST A COMMENT
// COMMENTS (2)
Over 80 people have celebrated their birthdays at my show, Ted Greenberg’s The Complete Performer, because we know how to have fun. New York offers a number of fantastic options to help you ring in your special day. Today, I count down the top five ways to celebrate your birthday in the Big Apple.
5) Late Night View from Empire State Building. The Empire State Building is one of the most iconic skyscrapers in the world, featured in movies such as King Kong and Sleepless in Seattle. Open 365 days a year from 8:00 am until 2:00 am, the landmark offers gorgeous views of New York City, particularly at dusk and on crisp, clear nights near closing time. Go around midnight, and you will beat the crowds. And, there’s nothing like singing ‘Happy Birthday’ 86 stories up in the air.
4) Cheer for the Home Team. Whether you’re a Knicks, Jets, Giants!, Mets, Yankees, Rangers, Nets or Liberty fan, grab a group of friends and head to the diamond, court or ice. And, if you’re lucky, your name will appear on the Jumbotron.
3) To Beer or Not to Beer. No matter what borough you live in, there’s a beer joint perfect for your birthday celebration. In Manhattan, the Biergarten at the Standard Hotel is extremely popular for good reason: it’s under the Highline and manages to be a lot of fun. You can also enjoy tastings at Brooklyn Brewery in Williamsburg or the Bohemian Hall Beer Garden, New York’s oldest, in Astoria. Or try Killmeyer Old Bravaria Inn on Staten Island.
2) Foods of New York Tours. Eat your way through some of the most city’s interesting neighborhoods and enjoy tastings from local shops and restaurants as well as local info from some of the savviest tour guides around. Like my show, the food tours are perfect for groups. I’m particularly fond of the The Original Greenwich Village Food and Culture Walking Tour, which features world famous Joe’s Pizza, dessert from Milk and Cookies and more; as well as the Central Village/SoHo Tour with stops at the delectable French bakery Once Upon a Tart and Italian bistro Foccaceria.
1) Can 80 People Be Wrong? Ted Greenberg’s The Complete Performer Saturday nights at 10 pm at SoHo Playhouse. In addition to a whip fast comedy hour with a chance to win a free cab ride home or to your next location, the birthday boy or girl will enjoy a drink on the house. Here’s how to make a reservation.
Tags: new york city birthday, Ted Greenberg's The Complete Performer, top 5 ways to celebrate birthday in new york