|Top Five Romantic Places in Downtown Manhattan
Categories: Latest News
Posted: February 13, 2012
by Ted Greenberg
|+ POST A COMMENT
// COMMENTS (1)
Valentine’s Day is tomorrow, and there’s no better place to spend it than downtown Manahattan. I recommend checking out the following bars and restaurants, those that are practically dripping in romance, for the big holiday or any Saturday night before my show — Ted Greenberg’s The Complete Performer — at the SoHo Playhouse.
5. the room. Since opening in 1995, this cozy bar has been a perfect haven for date night. Located on Sullivan Street, the room has a fantastic selection of beers and wine. And it’s intimate for great conversation.
4. ‘ino. There’s a reason that the original ‘ino on Bedford Street has spawned three other outposts in the city; the simple Italian wine bar concept is a winner throughout. Enjoy delicious paninis, bruschetta and sumptious wine.
3. Las Ramblas. You might walk right past Las Ramblas on West Fourth Street, but you shouldn’t. The mouth-watering tapas pairs nicely with the wine and sangria offered by this boite. Charming and vibrant, it is perfect for spending time with someone you love.
2. Kittichai. The gold standard in Thai food, Kittichai transports you to another world with its gorgeous space and wonderful eats. It’s the perfect restaurant to impress your date.
1. La Sirene. What is it about French restaurants that make them so romantic? La Sirene, located near the Holland Tunnel, offers delicious fare and is BYOB (with no corkage fee). Take your date there now.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Tags: downtown Manhattan, valentine's day