|What To Do in New York City The Day Before the Super Bowl
Categories: Latest News
Posted: February 2, 2012
by Ted Greenberg
|+ POST A COMMENT
// COMMENTS (0)
Athletes are notoriously superstitious and often follow the same pre-game ritual to ensure victory. With the biggest game — the Super Bowl — on the line for the New York Football Giants, I recommend the G-Men’s fans to follow this routine to guarantee a victory over the New England Patriots on Sunday, February 5th in Indianapolis.
The winning game plan for Saturday, February 4th is as follows:
1) In the morning, visit the Bowling Green Station in downtown Manhattan as it’s on the ticker tape parade route if Big Blue wins the Lombardi Trophy. Say a prayer that Eli Manning will lead the Giants to victory the following day.
2) Speaking of Eli, it’s reported his favorite food is meat balls. Stop by The Meatball Shop — outposts on Greenwich Avenue and Stanton Street in Manhattan and on Bedford Avenue in Brooklyn — and gobble up a slider, smash or hero. Do it for the team.
3) In the afternoon, make a pilgrimage to the site of the former Polo Grounds — 155th Street and Manhattan Avenue. The New York Giants won three NFL Championships during its 30-year stay at the Polo Grounds. Light a candle, acknowledge the team’s history and prepare for another Super Bowl win.
4) Have dinner at Mickey Mantle’s Restaurant and Bar. You will be surrounded by fellow sports fans, and let’s face it, Mantle was an iconic player for arguably the best franchise in sports history — the New York Yankees. That team has won 27 championships.
5) Finish the night off with a visit to my show, Ted Greenberg’s The Complete Performer. You’ll get a good dose of comedy and the chance to blow off steam before the big day. And, my Mascot and I have worn Giants t-shirts throughout the playoffs during the show. We believe we’ve done our part to help Big Blue win thus far.
- OVERCOMING BLOWN CALLS, THAT’S WHY WE’RE NEW YORK GIANTS
- My Favorite Place to Watch Giants Games: Jake’s Saloon
- My Golden Globes Predictions
Tags: New York Giants, super bowl, Ted Greenberg, The Complete Performer