|Top Five Things to Do in New York This Weekend
Categories: Latest News
Posted: April 12, 2012
by Ted Greenberg
|+ POST A COMMENT
// COMMENTS (0)
The Big Apple is the best city on earth. Cultural, sports and innovative opportunities abound. You can take in a show on Broadway, catch a top level sports game or visit one of the city’s amazing museums. The only difficult part is what to choose. There are so many choices that New Yorkers sometimes have option paralysis.
As a late night Saturday night performer in my Off-Broadway comedy show Ted Greenberg’s The Complete Performer, I’ve got my pulse on what to see. Here are my top five recommendations for this weekend.
5) Daily Show Live at 92Y Tribeca — Emmy-winning writer and executive producer Rory Albanese brings together a number of writers from the hit show for a night of comedy. Now, it’s tonight, Thursday, April 12th. Let’s face it. New Yorkers are always ahead of the curve and ready to start the weekend a day early.
4) Star Quality: The World of Noel Coward at the New York Public Library. One of the titans of theater, Coward wrote incisive comedies that are still relevant today. Earlier this season Kim Cattrall starred in a new production of his play Private Lives. Learn more about this witty master.
3) Yankees Home Opening Weekend — The Bronx Bombers are finally home and opening the season versus the Los Angeles Angels. You have three chances to catch Derek Jeter and co in action over the weekend. If you cannot go, read my predictions for the season.
2) The Graduate at Film Forum. The iconic Mike Nichols’ film turns 45 this year, and Film Forum will showcase a new 35mm print through April 19th. With its iconic line, “You’re trying to seduce me, Mrs. Robinson….aren’t you?,” the film has been hailed a “generational milestone” by Time Out. Now, here’s a chance to see why.
1) Blast Radius by Mac Rogers. This is the top reason to trek to Long Island City this weekend. A New York Times Critic’s Pick, Rogers play uses science fiction to mine the humor and heart of humanity. The play is a must see.
- Five Things to Do in SoHo This Weekend | March 9 – 11, 2012
- How to Celebrate the Oscars in New York City
- Ted Greenberg Reflects on His Top 5 New Year’s Eve Experiences
Tags: things to do in new york