|Top Jewish Comics
Categories: Latest News
Posted: April 5, 2012
by Ted Greenberg
|+ POST A COMMENT
// COMMENTS (1)
A few weeks ago, I celebrated St. Patrick’s Day by giving a shout out to my four favorite Irish comics. With Passover upon us, it’s time to hail four Jewish comics I’m grateful for. Thank goodness for that lamb’s blood, and the plagues and all of that. From such a tragic situation came a quartet of daring, no holds barred comedians. With a nod to greats Jackie Mason and Woody Allen, I’ve opted to recognize four other working comics.
4. Amy Schumer. A fast-rising star, Amy has appeared on numerous TV shows — “Curb Your Enthusiam”, “30 Rock” and “Delocated” and is slated to star alongside Steve Carell and Keira Knightley in the film Seeking a Friend for the End of the World. Watch how she handles a heckler in this NSFW video.
2. Judy Gold. Judy has parlayed her outsized comic abilities into two successful Off Broadway shows (The Judy Show: My Life as a Sitcom, 25 Questions for a Jewish Mother), appearances on TRU TV Presents World’s Dumbest and stand up special on Comedy Central. She was a breath of fresh air on an episode of the underrated TV show The Glades last season.
1. Jessica Kirson. She’s a national headliner, a familiar face as a late night TV guest and measured in convulsive laughs. The best club comic in the business. See why she’s so funny in this clip.
- Five Things to Do in SoHo This Weekend | March 9 – 11, 2012
- Comedian-Cabbie: Fat Cat Is One of New York City’s Treasures
- Top Four Irish People in Comedy
Tags: comedians, jewish, passover