|Top Five Places to Spend a Birthday in New York
Categories: Latest News
Posted: December 6, 2012
by Ted Greenberg
|+ POST A COMMENT
// COMMENTS (0)
This weekend, I will celebrate my birthday at my Off Broadway mostly one-man comedy show, Ted Greenberg’s The Complete Performer. If you’re there on Saturday at 10:00 pm, don’t forget to let me know about your favorite charity. The show is giving up to $500 to one lucky audience member’s favorite nonprofit.
Being onstage to ring in my birthday is tops with me, but here are five other New York places that it’s fun to celebrate your birthday.
5) Ice Cream Heaven — Serendipity 3 is a tried and true standard. Kids love it. And grown-ups turn into kids while there. You can get the greatest, be prepared to die for it frozen hot chocolate. So good. Or an ice cream sundae. Whichever way you go, you will be in sugar coma heaven.
4) A Sports Game — Depending when your birthday lands will determine whether you are in the stands of a baseball or basketball game (or hockey, if they ever come back). And, with the Nets moving to Brooklyn, there are more options this year. Beers, hot dogs and your name on the jumbo tron. What else could a guy want for his birthday?
3) Ping Pong — Whether you go to the brightly lit King Pong — near our theatre SoHo Playhouse — or to the swankier SPiN or to our fave neighborhood game bar Fat Cat, you’re sure to have a good time, especially if your friends let you win!
2) Chill, Relaxed Bar — Jadis is a special, intimate bar on the Lower East Side. Great for date night and birthday parties. Warm, cozy with small bites and powerful drinks. Check it out. You won’t be sorry.
1) A Delicious Dinner — Whether you’re a carnivore or vegan, New York has every type of food you could want. And the Big Apple has restaurants like Per Se that will break the bank or food joints with the best Thai food in the world for cheap (Hello, Sripaphai). Check out yelp.com for some guidance on the best restaurant for you. Bon Appetit!