|To Have Turkey Or Not To Have Turkey
Categories: Latest News
Posted: November 25, 2013
by Ted Greenberg
|+ POST A COMMENT
// COMMENTS (0)
Sometimes you want to dine out on Thanksgiving. Perhaps you don’t want to cook. Or you hate doing the dishes. Or you hate turkey or your relatives. For whatever reason, you have plenty of options in New York City to enjoy a post-Macy’s Day Parade dinner. Here are some of my recommendations.
(5) Vatan — Nothing says Thanksgiving quite like Indian food. This Murray Hill institution offers delicious vegetarian and vegan fare–dinner only–in its trippy designed dining room. The prix fixe dinner is delicious and filling. Believe me you will be as stuffed as that turkey your grandma is making on the big day.
(4) Ginny’s Supper Club — Who isn’t in love with this uptown hotspot. The Southern-inspired cuisine, the nightly entertainment and its cool vibe are a perfect equation for a fun night out. And, it’s open on Thanksgiving. Book your reservation now.
(3) Hill Country Barbecue Market — Get a taste of Texas on Turkey Day. Enjoy your bird bbq-styled or go for the bourbon sweet potato mash.
(2) The Cinnamon Snail — Don’t let the name fool ya. This is one of the best vegan food trucks in the nation. Multiple Vendy Awards and long lines prove just how beloved it is. You can order your meatless meal from them and pick it up on Thanksgiving Day. Go to its Facebook page for more details.
(1) The NoMad — Break the bank at this standout restaurant. You know you’ve wanted an excuse to visit it and blow all your money in one place. No better day than Turkey Day.