|Ladies Night Out: Greenwich Village Edition
Categories: Latest News
Posted: April 2, 2012
|+ POST A COMMENT |
// COMMENTS (1)
Greenwich Village is one of New York’s most historic neighborhoods, a place where art, great food, music and dancing have been at its forefront for decades. The neighborhood was influential in the careers of Djuna Barnes, Jack Kerouac, Bob Dylan, and many more. It has also been a place where Ladies Night Out thrives.
I rank my five favorite Ladies Night Out spots in Greenwich Village:
5. Zinc Bar — A Village staple, Zinc Bar moved to its much larger digs on West Third from its former home on Houston. Experience music from jazz to fushion to Bossa Nova in an ambient, chill club. Great big tables are perfect for groups.
4. Cafe Wha? — The Village institution gets your heart pumping and your body moving. The house band is smoking hot, playing infectious jams all night long. It’s the perfect venue for groups to enjoy dancing the night away.
3. Tomoe Sushi — One of the most affordable sushi spots in New York. And one of the most popular. You’ll have fun with your girlfriends waiting in line, and once inside, you will love the sushi, which is perfect for sharing among friends. Just a note, the decor is not something to right home about, but I bet you won’t notice with food that good.
2. Tortilla Flats — If you like margaritas, bingo, gaudy decor and hula hoops, Tortilla Flats is the place for you. Two of my friends met at one of the game nights and have been married for a decade. Bring the ladies. You’ll have fun with tequila and maybe meet a potential date.
1. Ayza Wine & Chocolate Bar — I believe comedy and magic go well together. But, nothing beats wine and chocolate. That combo brings on the happy endorphin dance. Ladies can enjoy two of life’s greatest pleasures while catching up at Ayza, one of the best additions to Greenwich Village in the last few years.
For another Ladies Night Out option, check out my weekly show, Ted Greenberg’s The Complete Performer.
Tags: ladies night out, Ted Greenberg